Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tagged - 7 random or weird things about me

I've been tagged by Pinot and Pacifiers

First here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Weird/Random things about me:

1. I am obsessed with organizing, containers and labels. After grocery shopping I remove almost everything from its packaging and put it in its appropriate (and labeled) container. In all of our closets, everything has to go in its labeled section, I could go on...

2. I sleep with five pillows every night, one for my head, one to hug, one between my knees, one under my feet and one behind my back. I also have to sleep with a fan on every night all year long.

3. I named my 2nd daughter after my favorite clothing label (starts with L ends in Y...I think you know) My husband named her middle name after his favorite baseball teams stadium (Shea).

4. I became pregant at 22 and I was not married. The father left when E was three months old. I did not cry. But I cry at commercials, movies, greeting cards, etc.

5. He was gone for one year and then came back and tried to fight me for custody. I did not have money for an attorney so I represented myself againt his attorney and I WON. I worked harder on that than anything I have ever done and I was so proud. I think sometimes I should have become an attorney.

6. I drink at least 3-4 Vitamin Waters (Formula 50) every day.

7. Growing up my parents were hippies and we grew all our own food and my mom made all our clothes. My husband grew up with a live-in staff and received a trust fund at 25. When we first got together it was very Romeo and Juliet. His family did not like that I had a child. My parents were like "his father is 'the man' that we rebel against". We got married with only E there by a Justice of the Peace at a park. Our families have since accepted and now somewhat get along but I definately have MIL issues. Fortunatly FIL loves me and is very sweet.


Now, I tag Happy Homemaker, Preppy Mama, Third Coast Preppy, Tickled Pink, Tickled Pink Talk, One Fabulous Mom and Magnolias, Marriage and Manhattan.

7 comments:

PaperCourt said...

I LOVE your story! Way to go, CC!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

What a great list! You are an amazing woman. I will get right on this! Thank you for thinking of me!

justme said...

Wow, you should write a book, it all sounds very interesting ! You sound so strong !!!

MMM said...

I loved learning more about you. Thanks for the tag. I will do it next week!

Sarah M said...

I love your story. Thank you for sharing.

Heather said...

Wow, that's a LOT of pillows! :)
And I love that you fought the jerk and WON. Good for you.

Connecticut Charm said...

Thank you - after I published that post I got a bit nervous for getting so personal, I have run into my share of judgemental people in my life. Thanks for your positive thoughts.