Wednesday, November 14, 2007

oh no she didn't

My sweet little L is now down for her nap, and I am officially hooked on this blogging. Anyway, after bringing E to the dentist this morning, dropping her off at school, I stopped at the market to pick up a couple things. While going down the dairy aisle, L saw a lady picking up some yogurts. They happen to be E's favorite so L yelled out, "hey dat lady is taking E's yoggies!" She smiled at my L as I explained that everyone can buy those, they don't belong to us until they are in our home. This didn't seem to satisfy her and as we walked away, my sweet, darling L muttered (not to quietly) "stupid lady". I literally stopped dead in my tracks, look of horror on my face. Please don't get the impression that I think I or my family is "perfect". But my older daughter is and always has been very quiet and shy and I never have had to deal with this type of child who apparantly just says whatever she thinks. without hesitation. Of course after I left the store I called Mr.F who actually started LAUGHING...as I was on the verge of tears. I know. I need to lighten up. But we try very hard to watch what we say in front of our girls, and I think we do a pretty good job. I think its from Spongebob. I don't even let L watch that usually but of course E sometimes puts it on in the playroom. They say stupid on spongebob right? that must be it.

1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

I was reading that horrified for you and then laughing! I know I will have that moment one day but right now all Landon really says is tickle tickle tickle...Hang in there! Whatever they say you are a great mom!