Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ow...that looks like it hurts

While E, L and I about to go deliver our breads on Wednesday evening, Mr.F decided that the landscapers did not blow every last leaf off the yard and he needed to "finish up." Does your hubby get a little nuts about this when you have company coming over? Oh and it was DARK out. Off us girls went and not even an hour later I get a call..."Um honey...I think you need to come home...I walked into a tree branch and well... its kind of stuck... in my eye." We rushed home and my poor Mr.F was in some serious pain. (I was envisioning a large branch sticking out of his head but this was not the case.) He did have a piece of wood stuck in there though. He tried to flush it out but no luck. Off to the ER we went. With the girls. On Thanksgiving Eve. Of course being the busiest travel day of the year (as well as the biggest drinking night, my husband informed me) the ER was packed. Fortunatly, we did not have to wait at all and they took my husband right back. They irrigated his eye for about 45 minutes and it still did not dislodge the piece. I have to say I was so impressed with the nurses and drs who were so sweet and kept bringing my girls toys and juice and cookies and even a blanket to play on the floor. Even the cleaning lady came over to clean the floor before putting the blanket down. Anyway...the Dr then tried to dislodge the piece with a q-tip. I know... it was really gross. Finally got it out but he scratched his cornea pretty badly. They gave him some numbing drops, pain medication and an antibiotic. Then they told him he had to go to the optometrist on Thanksgiving. Thankfully they then said it could wait until Friday morning.
Here is L playing "scary monster" in the ER. A lot of our time was occupied taking silly pictures with my phone.


Other than that, we all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a day! At least you had a good Thanksgiving day.

PaperCourt said...

Ouch! That hurts just reading it.

The Mrs. said...

What a story. This incident will surely be known as the Thanksgiving where Nature struck back at Daddy, forever branding him "Branch head". HA!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Oh no! Glad everyone is okay and that you still had a happy day!

Suburban prep said...

Ouch. I do hope that he is feeling better.

Connecticut Charm said...

Thank you! He is feeling much better and the dr says there will be no scarring or permanent damage, thank goodness.