Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Over the weekend...

We attended the Baptism to which I was fretting about what to wear earlier in the week. Thank you for the suggestions! I decided that since the brunch was to be held at a somewhat formal establishment I would wear a dress instead of my usual Sunday Mass skirt and sweater ensemble. We had a lovely time and the baby boy looked darling in his little white suit (with bow tie!) the food was fantastic, as was the service. This was for a family member on my husbands side so we saw a lot of family that we do not often see so that was nice as well. We took a car (meaning with driver) because that is "what you do" in my husbands family for any sort of occasion. So of course the girls loved that. Usually when we do that it is for date nights and such.

This is what I wore:




The dress is tweed and it has the perfect autumn colors in it. The bag I wasn't too crazy about with the outfit but it matched well enough and it's big enough to carry all the Church essentials (books, toys, snack, drink, ALL for L). E is old enough to listen and participate at Mass, so I don't have to worry about her. BTW the dress did not look as short on me as on the model...if only my legs were that long... So it was completely appropriate for church in case anyone wondered.

Mr.C wore a suit, boring, so I won't post it.

The girls looked adorable and they had a very nice time as well, they played with their cousins and were the most well-behaved of the bunch. I am pretty tough regarding manners and behavior. I do not let my children run around like houligans, even though we were in a private room. Most of the cousins on that side have nannies (thats another post) so some of the parents were somewhat oblivious to the kids running around like that. Not acceptable in my book. Oh well. Speaking of nannies, we watched The Nanny Diaries over the weekend - I liked it, it was cute. Mr.C fell asleep. again. He always does when we watch a movie!

To the Baptism, E wore this:








And L wore this:





Yesterday Mr.C and I did something really great and it was a completely last minute thing. It took us all day and we are so excited about it. It's kind of a long story so I am going to have to post about it later or tomorrow. It involves us being "Santa and Mrs. Claus" for a family who really needed some Christmas magic this year.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

Kiki said...

The dress is fabulous! Shoes are awesome, I am loving that you post your outfits, so fun. Where is the dress from? Do you mind my asking, I'm always on the hunt for beautiful fashion...

Anonymous said...

Hello, I've been reading your blog for a bit now and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it.

Love the outfits! Can't wait to read more.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I love your tweed dress! Glad all went well w/ the baptism.

Mrs. LSL said...

I love all of the outfits! You ahve fantastic taste! I love that dress especially, gorgeous colors.

TCP said...

I love your outfit! It seems just perfect for a baptism at this time of year.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! The dress is Diane von Furstenberg.

WSU Laura said...

Love your outfit, perfect for a baptism. I cannot agree with you more on manners and good behaviour for children.

Preppy Mama said...

Just love little girls in maryjanes!
Love your dress too!