Friday, March 14, 2008

Castle Cake

This was my inspiration for the Castle Cake
So now you will all see what it was SUPPOSSED to look like...hahaha. I did my best though. Cake decorating has not come easy to me but I try! The girls also helped me make it putting on the candy and frosting, etc. but I can't blame the lopsidedness on them... I don't exactly know how that happened. One thing is I didn't use the baking pans specified in the recipe, I used a large sheet cake pan and cut it, which made it difficult to frost because you know how hard it is to frost cut cake. Crumbs everywhere! I just kept filling in more and more frosting...I think thats why the kids loved it so much too-all the frosting!

1 comment:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

First- I think that cake looks awesome! Great job!

But second- a tip. I can't tell in the pic but you mentioned having trouble frosing over crumbs. Try doing a "crumb coat" first. That is just when you lightly frost the cake and then pop it in the fridge for 30 mins. Then pull it out and do the regular thicker coat of frosting. That first very light crumb coat should hold down those crumbs so that the top coat is nice and smoothe.

But seriously I can't see anything in the pic and think it looks super fun and adorable.